- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
How to Apply
GW accepts the Common Application which must be submitted electronically through the Common Application website. Once you have applied, you will be able to check the status of your application by creating an account on the GW Admissions Activity Center.
Please note, Health Sciences programs require the School of Medicine and Health Sciences application. For more information about these programs as well as a variety of online degrees, please visit smhs.gwumc.edu.
Advice for Submitting Your Application
- Many high schools send application materials electronically. However, for documents sent through the mail, please put your name and date of birth on each page. This information facilitates accurate placement of these credentials in your admissions file.
- Make sure to use your legal (official) name and check that your name is the same on all documents that you submit.
- Proofread before submitting your application and supporting documents.
- If you send credentials through the mail, try to send them altogether when possible. Submitting all of your supporting documents, including your high school transcript and recommendations, in one package reduces the chances that documents will get misplaced or separated during processing.
- Make sure your supporting documents can be scanned. All application materials at GW are scanned into a computer system, and applications are read online. Therefore, please do not staple documents together. Supplemental materials such as slides, CDs and DVDs cannot be scanned and, therefore, will not be considered.
- Documents in a language other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.