An Overnight Program Celebrating Diversity & Inclusion
Every year, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions welcomes prospective high school seniors who are committed to succeeding in a diverse and inclusive environment to participate in Your GW - An Overnight Program Celebrating Diversity and Inclusion. This program allows students to see firsthand how we put knowledge into action at GW while learning about the diversity and cultural opportunities within our community.
Your GW Overview
- Experience college life in a residence hall with a current GW student.
- Participate in a mock admissions committee
- Attend an undergraduate class with a GW faculty member.
- Connect staff from the Multicultural Student Services Center to learn about the programs and services they provide to the GW community.
- Develop connections with current GW students.
Your GW starts on Thursday, September 28, 2017 (evening) and continues through Friday, September 29, 2017 (evening). Accepted students are expected to participate in the full program. Students will be matched with a student host from the Dean’s Council for Multicultural Recruitment.
The Your GW application will be available June 1. To apply for the program, students must complete the following:
1. Fill out the registration form
2. Respond and submit in 300 words to one of the prompts below:
- How has your high school experience influenced your desire to attend a diversity fly-in program such as Your GW?
- Should college admissions' offices think about diversity when recruiting a class each year? If so, why? If not, why not?
3. A high school transcript (an unofficial copy is acceptable)
The application deadline is August 11. The admissions team will review all submitted applications and notify students by August 31.
GW will offer a limited number of travel grants to assist well-qualified students in attending the event. Successful grant recipients will receive up to $500 toward the cost of travel to and from Washington, D.C. To be considered for a travel grant, applicants must apply and, submit a travel grant application with a letter of recommendation.
Travel grant applications are due August 11.
For any questions, please contact Karime Naime at firstname.lastname@example.org.