An Overnight Program Celebrating Diversity & Inclusion
Each fall, we welcome high school seniors from around the country to campus for Your GW - An Overnight Program Celebrating Diversity and Inclusion. The program allows students to see firsthand how we put knowledge into action at GW while learning about the diversity and cultural opportunities within the Colonial community.
Your GW Overview
- Live like a Colonial and stay in a residence hall with a current GW student.
- Attend an undergraduate class with a GW faculty member and academic advisor.
- Connect with staff from the Multicultural Student Services Center to learn about the programs and services they provide to the GW community.
- Participate in a face-to-face interview with a GW Admissions staff member.
- Develop connections with current GW students.
Your GW starts on Thursday evening and continues through Friday evening. Registered students are expected to participate in the full program. Students will be matched with a student host from the Dean’s Council for Multicultural Recruitment.
Students are required to apply to attend these overnight programs. The registration form requires students to submit the following supporting documents in either a PDF or Word format:
1. An essay (300 words), responding to the following questions:
- How has your high school experience influenced your desire to attend Your GW?
- How will you use what you learn in the program to help promote diversity and inclusion at GW?
2. A high school transcript (including senior-year courses; an unofficial copy is acceptable)
GW will offer a limited number of travel grants to assist well-qualified students in attending the event. Successful grant recipients will receive up to $500 toward the cost of travel to and from Washington, D.C. To be considered for a travel grant, applicants must register for one (1) Your GW program and submit a travel grant application with a letter of recommendation.
Travel grant applications are due October 10 for the November Your GW and closed for the October Your GW.
Registration is no longer available for this program. If you would still like to visit campus, please register for a campus visit.