High school students interested in studying art and/or design at the college level are encouraged to attend a National Portfolio Day (NPD). This educational event for emerging artists brings together students and experienced college representatives who review artwork, offer critique, discuss college plans and share information about their programs. Participation gives students a taste of what it is like to attend a professional art program.
NPD is not an examination or a competition. The reviewers look forward to seeing students' work and providing them with helpful information for the next important step in their education. No admissions decisions will be made at NPD, although some colleges may accept your portfolio as the visual portion of your application. Students must keep in mind that they may hear many different opinions about their work, but will have the opportunity to explain their creative thought process and how they would like their work to progress.
National Portfolio Day at GW
- Sunday, September 25, 2016 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm (doors will open promptly at 10:00 am)
- Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, 246 Perimeter Center Parkway NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30346
- Registration will open in August 2016
- Saturday, November 19, 2016
- Corcoran School of the Arts and Design, 500 17th Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20006
- Details on event times and registration will be released in July 2016