High school students interested in studying art and/or design at the college level are encouraged to attend a National Portfolio Day (NPD). This educational event for emerging artists brings together students and experienced college representatives from regionally and NASAD-accredited art, design and film schools. The representatives review artwork, offer critique, discuss college plans and share information about their programs. Participation gives students a taste of what it is like to attend a professional art program.
NPD is not an examination or a competition. The reviewers look forward to seeing students' work and providing them with helpful information for the next important step in their education. No admissions decisions will be made at NPD, although some colleges may accept your portfolio as the visual portion of your application. Students must keep in mind that they may hear many different opinions about their work; they will also have the opportunity to explain their creative thought process and how they would like their work to progress. Read about last year's successful events.
GW's Corcoran School of the Arts and Design is hosting two National Portfolio Days in 2017. Registration will open later this fall.
- Sunday, September 24, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. (doors open at 10 a.m.)
- Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, 111 Perimeter Center West, Atlanta, GA 30346
- Saturday, November 18, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. (doors open at 10 a.m.)
- JW Marriott, 1331 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004
- NEW LOCATION: Note that this event IS NOT located on campus.