An Overnight Program Celebrating Diversity & Inclusion
Every year, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions welcomes prospective high school seniors who are committed to succeeding in a diverse and inclusive environment to participate in Your GW - An Overnight Program Celebrating Diversity and Inclusion. This program allows students to see firsthand how we put knowledge into action at GW while learning about the diversity and cultural opportunities within our community.
Your GW Overview
- Experience college life in a residence hall with a current GW student.
- Engage in discussion around issues of race, identity, and social justice.
- Learn strategies to strengthen your college application.
- Tour GW's Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon Campuses.
- Develop connections with current GW students.
- Hear from a student success panel and learn about the support systems and resources available at GW.
- Connect with staff from the Multicultural Student Services Center to learn about their programs and services.
We will host two Your GW programs for fall 2018. Accepted students are expected to participate in the full program. Students will be matched with a student host from the Dean’s Council for Multicultural Recruitment.
Access the Your GW application from June 2 to September 15, 2018. To apply for the program, students must complete the following:
1. Submit the Your GW application.
2. As part of the application, answer in 500 words or less one of the following questions:
- All kinds of diversity are wholeheartedly embraced at GW. What is your definition of diversity and what role has it played in your academic journey?
- This fly-in program is designed for you to get to know GW, but we also hope that you will learn a lot about yourself throughout the process. What excites you most about the prospect of self-discovery in college?
3. Send a high school transcript (an unofficial copy is acceptable) to [email protected].
The admissions team will review all submitted applications and notify students after the application is complete, on a rolling basis after August 1.
GW will offer a limited number of travel grants to and from D.C. for well-qualified Your GW attendees. In addition to completing the items above, students wishing to be considered for travel assistance must also send a letter of recommendation from a high school guidance counselor or teacher to [email protected]. The letter should include information on your extracurricular activities and your financial need.
For any questions, please contact Connor Luong at [email protected].