Your GW 2019: Saturday, September 21-Monday, September 23, 2019
Every year, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions welcomes prospective high school seniors who are committed to succeeding in a diverse and inclusive environment to participate in Your GW-An Overnight Program Celebrating Diversity and Inclusion. Our students, staff, and faculty come from a wide variety of geographic areas, socioeconomic backgrounds, racial and ethnic identities, sexual orientation, and ability. As an institution, we want to show you first-hand how we make our communities inclusive and supportive of this diversity.
Your GW Overview
- Learn strategies to strengthen your college application.
- Experience college life in a residence hall with a current GW student.
- Engage in discussions around issues of identity and social justice.
- Tour GW's Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon Campuses.
- Develop connections with current GW students, staff, and faculty.
- Learn about the support systems and resources available at GW.
How to Apply
1. Submit the Your GW application.
2. As part of the application, answer in 500 words or less one of the following questions:
- All kinds of diversity are wholeheartedly embraced at GW. What is your definition of diversity and what role has it played in your academic journey?
- This fly-in program is designed for you to get to know GW, but we also hope that you will learn a lot about yourself throughout the process. What excites you most about the prospect of self-discovery in college?
3. Send a high school transcript (an unofficial copy is acceptable) to [email protected]. PLEASE NOTE: Your transcript must include your final grades from the first three years of high school.
The admissions team will review all submitted applications and notify students after the application is complete, on a rolling basis.
Your GW Application Opens July 1
All Your GW Application Materials Due August 1
Selected Students Notified By August 16
Permission and Event Confirmation Forms Due August 23
Selected Students Travel Plans Finalized August 30
Final Program Information and Reminder Released September 13
Your GW Program September 21-23
GW will offer a limited number of travel grants to and from D.C. for well-qualified Your GW attendees. These travel grants will cover the full cost of travel, your plane or bus tickets will be bought by the university at no cost to you. In addition to completing the items above, students wishing to be considered for travel assistance must also send a letter of recommendation from a high school guidance counselor or teacher to [email protected]. The letter should include information on your extracurricular activities, your financial need, and how this program will be a benefit to you.
For any questions, please contact Connor Luong at [email protected].