You Are Welcome Here Scholarship
The George Washington University (GW) has been a proud participant in the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship program since 2019. This award is a full-tuition, renewable scholarship that is granted to two international undergraduate students who are dedicated to advancing intercultural learning and bridging cultural divides.
To apply for GW's You Are Welcome Here Scholarship, applicants must:
- Seek first-year international admissions to GW. An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside of the United States and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- Submit the CSS Profile as part of the GW admissions application.
- Attend (or have graduated from) a secondary school outside of the United States.
- Demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- Complete the scholarship application.
Applicants to all academic majors are welcome to apply.
How to apply
Students must first apply for admission to GW and submit all required application materials. Then, once they have a GW ID, they may complete GW's You Are Welcome Here Scholarship application. Students will be allowed to submit the scholarship application following the January 5 application deadline to allow them time to retrieve their GW ID from their admissions portal. The deposit deadline for students admitted to GW and selected for the scholarship will be May 1.