The George Washington University (GW) is a proud participant in the #YouAreWelcomeHereScholarship program since fall 2019. GW offers two annual, renewable scholarships that cover at least 50 percent of tuition to selected international undergraduate students dedicated to advancing intercultural learning and bridging cultural divides.
To apply for GW's You Are Welcome Here Scholarship, applicants must:
- seek first-year international admissions to GW. An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside of the United States and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- submit the CSS Profile as part of the GW admissions application.
- attend (or have graduated from) a secondary school outside of the United States.
- demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- complete the scholarship application.
Applicants to all academic majors are welcome to apply.
How to apply
Students must first apply for admissions to GW and submit all required application materials. Then, they must submit GW's You Are Welcome Here Scholarship application by January 5. The deposit deadline for students admitted to GW and selected for the scholarship will be May 1.