The George Washington University (GW) is located in Washington, D.C., with one campus in the heart of the city and another in a northwest residential neighborhood. Our location puts us blocks from the White House, the National Mall, and other D.C. institutions. GW students benefit from our location, with enriched academic, social, and professional experiences for students in every major.
Start Your Journey to GW
The college search process has changed as a result of COVID-19. We're adapting to those changes just as you are. We're here to help you navigate your college search process all the same.
If you are just beginning your college search and want general information to guide you, visit our Journey to College page for resources!
Best of luck on your journey to GW - and know that our office is here to help you along the way!
Below you'll find all of our offerings to help you learn more about the GW community, to engage with our staff and students, and to get answers to all of your burning questions. We've categorized them as if they were college courses, but of course, there are no pre-requisites - choose whatever works best for you!
- Watch on-demand our main information session, our Mount Vernon session, or our transfer session.
- Explore our website to discover GW's undergraduate majors, student life, and application process.
- Take a digital walk-through of campus with our virtual tour or YouVisit.
- See campus through the eyes of our student tour guides with this YouTube playlist.
- Listen to GW Unfiltered, our student-run podcast about life at GW. (It's available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify, among others. See if it's on your preferred platform.)
- Do a self-guided tour. Use our self-guided tour booklet or listen to our GW Unfiltered walking tour. Can't make it to campus? Use either along with our virtual tour or Google Maps! Now on view: As you walk through campus, take in the special art installations by students from GW's Corcoran School of the Arts and Design (on view through May 31, 2021). See additional work from over 130 graduating students, including online performances.
You've explored our offerings and want to learn more. Our virtual sessions provide additional information and time for your questions, while our limited on-campus tours offer a chance to learn about the student experience.
Virtually, we offer general information sessions and live chats, plus sessions that dive into our Mount Vernon campus and some of GW's schools/colleges. We also offer events throughout the year to help you connect to the GW community.
In-person, GW is offering campus tours this summer as capacity and staffing limits allow. See complete details about our safety protocols and requirements, then schedule your visit from our in-person visit page.
You're practically a GW expert, but you still have questions. Get answers from our staff and current students!
- Chat with current students via the chat pop-up on our Life at GW page.
- Schedule a call (by video or phone) with your admissions representative. Unsure of your representative? Visit our team page to find the rep for your area.
- Not sure who to ask? Contact our office at 202-994-6040 or [email protected] and we'll do our best to help you.
Dive into GW Virtually
The George Washington University is slowly ramping up in-person activities as we prepare to be in-person to the fullest extent possible for the fall 2021 semester. Still, the majority of our engagement opportunities for prospective students and families remain virtual and can be found on our Journey to GW page. Learn more about GW's response to COVID-19 and our plan for the future. For information and resources on COVID-19, visit the CDC’s website. Our team is available to answer questions by phone (202-994-6040) or email ([email protected]) during regular business hours. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Spend some time in our Admissions & Alumni Welcome Center and explore campus - from wherever you are! Register for our on-demand information session to familiarize yourself with GW.
"I chose to come to GW because I wanted to study political science in a place where all the action is! My educational experience at GW has been absolutely incredible. The professors I get to work with have years of experience in their fields that translates to teaching us how to apply what we are learning to the real world. I have had the honor to study with past DNC employees, members of the White House Correspondent Organization, and diplomats who have gone out of their way to make us love the content we are learning. The internships and jobs I have gotten in DC have been because of the extraordinary network professors and students have established at GW! I am so grateful for my GW experience!”
Political Science Major and an Organizational Science minor