The George Washington University (GW) is located in Washington, D.C., with one campus in the heart of the city and another in a northwest residential neighborhood. Our location puts us blocks from the White House, the National Mall, and other D.C. institutions. GW students benefit from our location, with enriched academic, social, and professional experiences for students in every major.
Start Your Journey to GW
The college search process has changed as a result of COVID-19. We're adapting to those changes just as you are. We're here to help you navigate your college search process all the same.
Best of luck on your journey to GW - and know that our office is here to help you along the way!
Below you'll find all of our offerings to help you learn more about the GW community, to engage with our staff and students, and to get answers to all of your burning questions. These resources are vital now, and we'll continue to offer them even after we re-open our campus to visitors. We've categorized them as if they were college courses, but of course, there are no pre-requisites - choose whatever works best for you!
- Watch on-demand our main information session and our Mount Vernon session.
- Explore our website to discover GW's undergraduate majors, student life, and application process.
- Take a digital walk-through of campus with our virtual tour.
- See campus through the eyes of our student tour guides with this YouTube playlist.
- Listen to GW Unfiltered, our student-run podcast about life at GW. (It's available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify, among others. See if it's on your preferred platform.)
- Browse our self-guided tour booklet. (Pro-tip: Use it with our virtual tour or Google Maps!)
You've explored our offerings and want to learn more. Our virtual sessions provide additional information and time for your questions!
We offer general information sessions and live chats, plus sessions that dive into our Mount Vernon campus and some of GW's schools/colleges. We also offer events throughout the year to help you connect to the GW community.
You're practically a GW expert, but you still have questions. Get answers from our staff and current students!
- Chat with current students via the chat pop-up on our Life at GW page.
- Schedule a call (by video or phone) with your admissions representative. Unsure of your representative? Visit our team page to find the rep for your area.
- Not sure who to ask? Contact our office at 202-994-6040 or [email protected] and we'll do our best to help you.
Dive into GW Virtually
GW has suspended in-person events as a precautionary measure until future notice. All of our engagement opportunities can be found here on our Journey to GW page. We've added a COVID-19 section to our Frequently Asked Questions page, and the university is sharing COVID-19 updates. Our team is available to answer questions by phone (202-994-6040) or email ([email protected]) during regular business hours. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Spend some time in our Admissions & Alumni Welcome Center and explore campus - from wherever you are! Register for our on-demand information session to familiarize yourself with GW.
"I chose to come to GW because I wanted to study political science in a place where all the action is! My educational experience at GW has been absolutely incredible. The professors I get to work with have years of experience in their fields that translates to teaching us how to apply what we are learning to the real world. I have had the honor to study with past DNC employees, members of the White House Correspondent Organization, and diplomats who have gone out of their way to make us love the content we are learning. The internships and jobs I have gotten in DC have been because of the extraordinary network professors and students have established at GW! I am so grateful for my GW experience!”
Political Science Major and an Organizational Science minor